SAMUEL ZELIG - VARSITY
Inspired by sweatshirts from the 30's-50's, the Varsity Crewneck is cut from 15oz loopback cotton french terry and 1 x 1 rib. This high quality fabric was sourced from mills in japan with a rich history dating back to the mid 19th century. The weight is perfect; not too heavy or too light, making it an ideal piece for year round wear. It features two-tone color blocking reminiscent of styles from that era. To pay tribute to true vintage, the cuff and hem ribbing is cut at 3" high. All seams are finished with merrow edge overlock and double needle coverstitching, to ensure long lasting wear and durability. Not one detail of this piece was overlooked.
This style is inspired by vintage high school and college letterman jackets and football jerseys. Traditionally, letterman jackets would feature chenille lettering and chain stitching, which has been incorporated into this crewneck. The stripe detailing on the sleev3s are pulled directly from vintage football tops. Back then these stripes were screenprinted. This is updated with a 10oz raw edge jersey applique that is secured down with a narrow zigzag stitch. The vulture mascot on this piece is completely original and hand drawn by the Zelig team in Los Angeles. They looked at countless vintage garments featuring mascot illustrations to ensure an authentic feel in the artwork. Designed after a vintage jersey that was line dried in the sun after numerous wears, they applied an unique aging process to this garment to mimic that effect.
- 15 oz Heavyweight cotton french terry knit in Japan
- 1" neck rib with 3/16" coverstitch
- Set-in sleeves
- Double needle coverstitch seam construction
- Custom made embroidered patches
- Chenille with chainstitch letters at front
- Jersey applique at sleeves
- This garment has undergone a vintage wash and dye to remove all shrinkage and give the garment a unique sun-faded look
- Due to the vintage processing of this piece, this garment may exhibit small holes and stains. These characteristics are intentional and should not be seen as flaws.
- French Terry Color: Vintage Orange
- Rib Color: Khaki
- Embroidery color: Multi
True to size. Take one size up for an oversized fit.
Male model wears a large, measuring 6'2" and 175 lbs.
100% cotton. Machine wash cold. Air dry flat.